PE and Sport Funding
Lilliput Sports Newsletters
The government have been providing since 2013 approximately £150 million per year to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in schools. The money must be used to improve the provision of P.E. and school sport.
P.E. and sport play a very important part in the life of Lilliput Infant School. We believe that P.E. and sport contribute to the holistic development of our children and, through participation, they build and learn more about our key values such as respect, teamwork and kindness for themselves and others.
We are therefore delighted to be able to use the money received to date to support the development of P.E. and sport in the following ways:
- providing quality assured professional development opportunities for teachers, enabling quality teaching and learning for all children
- funding lunchtime sport clubs with a qualified sports coach/ PE teacher.
- providing more opportunities for children who do not take part in after school clubs, to access various sports.
- purchasing balanceability equipment for Reception and Year 1
- enhancing our annual Sports Weeks with professional sports coaches in the summer term
Going forward we will be introducing a Change for Life club which will provide fun and healthy activities.
Our overall aim is to raise standards in P.E. and sport, increasing the participation and opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons and improved learning for all.
Ofsted continue to monitor the impact of this funding and schools have to account for how they have spent their Sport Premium money.