Our Designated Safeguard Lead (DSL) is Mrs Christine Chambers and the Deputy DSL's are Mrs Michelle Smith and Mr Adam Burt. If you have any safeguarding worries at all, in the first instance please contact Mrs Chambers to discuss.
At Lilliput CE (VC) Infant School we recognize that for children, high self-esteem, confidence, supportive friends and clear lines of communication with a trusted adult helps prevent the chances of their being abused. Our school will therefore aim to:
- ensure we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children
- raise awareness of child protection issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe
- develop and implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse
- support pupils who have been abused in accordance with the agreed child protection plan
- establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
- establish and maintain an ethos where children feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- ensure that children know that there are adults in the school who they can approach if they are worried or are in difficulty.
- include in the curriculum activities and opportunities for PSCHE which equip children with the skills they need to stay safe from abuse
- include in the curriculum material which will help children develop realistic attitudes to the responsibilities of adult life – where appropriate for the age of the child.
- ensure that wherever possible every effort will be made to establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies.
Please click below if you would like to view our safeguarding policies:
Useful Websites for safeguarding including internet safety: